Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Overcoming Self Destruction

Now being the person I am and have always been I try to find the easy way out of more things. So when it came to me not feeling well yesterday I sat at my desk thinking to myself all day about every excuse I could come up with as to why I was NOT going to the gym that night.
I DID however not feel well, but I also knew that working out helps with what was wrong with me. But a small part of me just didn't want to do it! I just wanted to go home, lay on the couch and watch "The Real Housewives of New Jersey" and call it a day!

But the more I sat here the more I knew I had to push myself and just go. So 4:30pm came and it was time to break out of here and I decided to just let my car take me where it thought I should go. All along I knew it was my mind that decided to turn my car right and not left to go home.
I pushed myself to go to the gym, I knew it wasn't going to be a HUGE work out because I still wasn't feeling well but by the time I got there and got started it didn't even bother me anymore.

Finally 6:30pm rolled around, I lost track of time and didn't realize I had been there for almost 2 hours. So my advise to anyone who is deep down "self destructing", meaning not allowing yourself that feeling of self gratitude then get up and do something about it! YOU hold your own destiny in your hands; no one else does.

Don't let anyone bring you down, strive to do your best, and move forward in life never back.

I'm not gonna lie a tiny little part of me loved the complements from friends and family, it makes you want to keep going and show them just what your made of!

Until next time,
Health & Happiness
Maggie

4 comments:

  1. Such good advice. Sometimes I sit at my desk and do the same thing. But it's ALWAYS more rewarding to get a workout in because if I don't I just go home and regret not being at the gym :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so proud of you Maggie! Seriously. It is so much easier to just go home and veg. Unfortunately, most of the time that 1 night vegging turns into 2 nights.. then 3.. etc!

    When I try to come up with excuses to not go, I remind myself that the ONLY person I am hurting is myself. I'll never reach my goals if I make excuses. "NO EXCUSES JUST RESULTS!" :)

    Way to go girl- keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks guys!
    And good job Kenz! You're doing a great job also.
    You look amazing!

    I'll see you at the gym next week, I'm going out of town til then. But I will be working out at the cabin:)

    Have a good 4th! And be safe of course :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Maggie - I'm so inspired by you. My situation is a little different since I work night shift. I work 3 12 hour shifts a week, so usually I work out on the days I have off which is 4 days a week at least if not 5. But... I do have a hard time when I work the night before and I get home and go to bed around 8am... I have a hard time getting out of bed and wanting to get ready to go the gym. I wish I could be more stronger like you. Sometimes I just give up and say I don't feel well or whatnot. You are doing so well. I'm really looking forward to reading your blog and seeing how you're doing. I love writing in a blog cause it keeps me motivated. Keep it going!
    xoxo
    Jess

    ReplyDelete